Видовременная система глагола упражнение №10
Выберите правильный вариант.
1. Jack ______ down on his sofa and ______ about the day. What a busy day it ______ .
sat, thought, had been
was sitting, thought, had been
sat, thought, was
sat, was thinking, had been
2. This was his first night in his own flat. He ______ his entire life in his parents' home.
3. No wonder he was tired. He ______ up since six o'clock in the morning.
4. I was furious because I ______ and missed the train.
5. She was nervous because she ______ never ______ before.
6. Mary is disappointed because her son ______ exams.
7. I didn't know his name. But I was sure I ______ him before.
8. Mike is a beggar now but he ______ always ______ poor.
9. When I got home I was hungry. I ______ anything to eat all day.
10. Jack wants a new job. He ______ in the same job for three years.
11. He is broke. He ______ all his money on entertainment.
12. How much money ______ you ______ for your retirement?
13. How long ______ he ______ his friend?
14. This is the first time I ______ bread with honey.
15. What ______ you ______ last night?
16. He ______ his hair. He looks nice.
17. When ______ he ______ his hair cut?
18. _____ you ______ Peter? - I ______ him yesterday.
did see, saw
were seen, saw
have seen, have seen
have seen, saw
19. He ______ at me and ______ into silence.
had looked, fell
was looking, fell
looked, had fallen
20. The train ______ just now.
21. We had many difficulties but we ______ them.
22. We ______ their family for long.
23. She left for the South and I ______ her since.
24. I ______ the title of the book.
25. Mary ______ French before she came to France.