изучение английского языка
Английский в контексте
Упражнения по английскому
Прямая и косвенная речь. Согласование времен упражнение №2
Выберите правильный вариант.
1. Ellie exclaimed that she ______ that car since her farther gave it to her and that there had been no complaints.
had been driving
2. Vie said that they knew only what was in the papers, that they ______ for a call or a telegram since they heard of the accident.
had been waiting
3. Norma said that the old car had broken when they ______ the bridge.
had been crossing
4. She said she couldn't go in the water because she ______ her swimming suit.
had not brought
will not bring
5. She said that my shoes were wet through and asked if I ______ all the way from the station in that rain.
6. The old teacher advised me to speak slowly if I ______ them to understand me.
7. It was announced that the international treaty against the new warfare ______ and had gone into effect.
would have been ratified
had been ratified
8. The Navy officials said that the dolphins ______ in salt water holding tanks.
will be kept
would be kept
9. Nobody can explain why she decided to touch upon the matter yesterday night. She ______ that the whole subject was too dangerous to discuss at night.
ought to know
ought to have known
10. It has recently been announced that further supplies ______ soon be available.
11. She wondered if Stephen had found that the room was empty and if he ______ for her at the moment.
had been looking
12. The receptionist told us that from our room we ______ a wonderful view over the sea.
were going to have
13. Miss Marple replied that she ______ surprised at seeing the doctor depart.
has not been
would not be
14. The receptionist explained that breakfast ______ served between 7.00 and 9.00.
15. The guide reminded us that after lunch we ______ sightseeing.
16. Lis assured me that the party ______ a great fun. But in fact, it wasn't.
will have been
17. He inquired if I really ______ anything about the matter.
18. The inspector wanted to know when each of us last ______ Mr. Foster.
had been seeing
19. The Managing Director declared that during the previous year the company's profits ______ steadily ______ .
have been increasing
had been increasing
20. The hotel owner informed us that he ______ the police already.
is going to call
was going to call
Изучение английского языка