Видовременная система глагола упражнение №4
Выберите правильный вариант.
1. When Mark arrived, the Johnsons ______ dinner, but stopped in order to talk to him.
had been having
2. While Tom ______ a book, Marhta ______ TV.
was reading, watched
was reading, was watching
read, was watching
3. The food that Ann is cooking in the kitchen ______ delicious.
4. We called our friends in London yesterday to tell them about the reunion that we ______ .
5. Catherine is studying law at the university, and so ______ Nick.
6. I feel terrible. I think I ______ to be sick.
will be going
7. My colleagues usually ______ four days a week, and tills week they ______ five days.
are working, work
are working, are working
work, are working
8. It ______ outside; I do not like to walk in such weather.
9. I ______ a very difficult day tomorrow. I need to prepare for the exam.
10. At 10 o'clock in the morning on Wednesday Tom ______ a delegation in the office.
will be receiving
11. Although the sun was shining, it was still cold, because it ______ hard for two hours.
had been raining
12. She ______ at the parcel long enough, before she ______ that it was for her brother.
had been looking, had understood
had been looking, understood
was looking, understood
was looking, had understood
13. I_____to the cinema but my friend persuaded me to stay.
am not going
did not go
had been going
14. We were good friends, we ______ each other for years.
15. We were extremely tired at the end of the journey. We ______ for more than 24 hours.
had been travelling
16. How long ______ this book? How many pages of this book ______ ?
have you been reading, have you been reading
have you read, have you read
have you read, you read
have you been reading, have you read
17. We always go to Saint Petersburg for our holidays. We ______ there for years.
have been going
18. I have lost my key again. I ______ things. I lose things too often.
am always losing
have always lost
was always losing
19. The economic situation is already very bad and it ______ worse.
would be getting
20. What time ______ your friend ______ tomorrow?
will be arriving