изучение английского языка
Английский в контексте
Тесты по аудированию на английском языке
Тесты по чтению на английском языке
Словарный запас английского языка
Тест по английскому на словарный запас по теме "Education" №6
LECTURES. Choose the right answer.
1. Would you please ....... from smoking while the lecture is in progress?
2. Prof. Orator spoke clearly and ....... so we could understand every word he said.
3. During a lecture I always try to ....... down the main points that are made.
4. That's precisely what I mean. You've hit the ....... on the head.
5. The students were interested in what the teacher was saying and listened ....... .
6. A few jokes always ....... up a lecture.
7. Miss Duffer looked as if she hadn't a ....... what Prof. Sophisticated was talking about.
8. You can ....... your shorthand by taking notes during lectures.
9. To begin the lecture, let's take an ....... of the present situation.
10. The lecturer spoke so fast that I found it hard to take ....... what he was saying.
11. Prof. Silvertonguc was a most effective speaker and his audience seemed to ....... on his every word.
12. I'm relying on you, gentlemen, so please don't ....... .
allow me off
drop me off
drop me down
let me down
13. The teacher ....... out the words he had written on the blackboard.
14. The example you have just referred to has no ....... on the matter under discussion.
15. I'm afraid my speech may have ....... you as to my true aims.
16. Please repeat what you said. I didn't quite ....... the meaning.
17. I take ....... to that remark. It's a quite unjustified insinuation.
18. The professor never finished his lecture because there were so many ....... from the audience.
Изучение английского языка