Will be doing and will have done в английском языке
First study this example situation:
Tom is a football fan, and there is a football game on television this evening. The game begins at 7:30 and ends at 9:15. Ann wants to go and see Tom this evening and wants to know what time to come over:
Ann: Is it all right if I come over at about 8:30?
Tom: No, don't come then. I'll be watching
the game on TV.
Ann: Oh. Well, what about 9:30?
Tom: Yes, that'll be fine. The game will have ended
We use will be doing
) to say that we will be in the middle of doing something at a certain time in the future. The football game begins at 7:30 and ends at 9:15. So during this time, for example at 8:30, Tom will be watching
Here are some more examples:
- You'll recognize her when you see her. She'll be wearing a yellow hat.
- This time next week I'll be on vacation. I'll probably be lying on a beautiful beach.
Compare will be doing
with the other continuous forms:
Bill works every morning from 9 o'clock until noon. So:
You can also use will be doing
in another way: to talk about things that are already planned or decided:
- I'll be going downtown later. Can I get you anything?
With this meaning will be doing
is similar to am doing
- I'm going downtown later.
We often use Will (you) be -ing
? to ask about people's plans, especially when we want something or want someone to do something:
- "Will you be using your bicycle this evening?" "No, you can take it."
- "Will you be passing the post office when you go out?" "Yes, why?"
We use will have done
) to say that something will already have happened before a certain time in the future. Tom's football game ends at 9:15. So after this time, for example at 9:30, the game will have ended
. Here are some more examples:
- Next year is Ted and Amy's 25th wedding anniversary. They will have been married for 25 years. (Now they have been married for 24 years.)
- We're late. I guess the movie will already have started by the time we get to the theater.