Местоимение. Слова-определители упражнение №1
Выберите правильный вариант.
1. We saw a lot of pictures at the art shop, but ______ was good enough to buy for our museum.
none of them
no of them
not some of them
only any of them
2. If there are ______ calls for me, can you ask to leave a message?
3. While peeling potatoes my small brother cut ______ with a sharp knife.
4. There are many good hotels in the town. You can stay at ______ of them.
5. I've been trying to phone her all day but ______ I phone her the line is engaged.
all the time
the every time
the whole time
6. He is invited to lots of parties and he goes to ______ .
7. These are ______ organizations operating in our market and even ______ we would consider real competitors.
a few, many
8. You are not the only one who failed to hear the news. I didn't ______ .
9. If we hadn't taken the same plane, we might have never met ______ .
both of us
10. ______ food, clothes and some ______ goods have be¬come more expensive nowadays.
many, the others
11. I'm going to the wedding on Saturday. ______ is getting married.
a friend of me
a friend of mine
a friend of my
12. During the terrible road accident one car bumped into ______ one. One driver was heavily injured and ______ died.
another, the other
other, the other
the other, other
13. — Did you hear about the party at Kate's last night? - No, I didn't. ______ of my friends ______ there.
14. "The system of education is not superb," she said. "Too ______ mathematics ______ usually taught at school."
15. ______ should be present at the meeting. A very serious question will be discussed.
16. We've got too ______ petrol. We must have the car filled at the nearest service station.
17. When the train arrived at the railway station ______ pas¬sengers got their suitcases. So we picked up ______ too.
18. There are ______ evenings when I do not want to go to bed. But there are ______ evenings when nothing could keep me from going to bed.
some, the others
some, the other
19. I don't really enjoy going to the cinema ______ . I'd rather have ______ to go with me.
by my own, no one
by myself, someone
on myself, someone
by my own, anyone
20. I have been talking to that strange man for an hour but I still can't understand if he is ______ Spanish ______ Portuguese.