- ЕГЭ английский
- Тест toefl
- Тест ielts
- Тест CAE
- Тесты по аудированию на английском языке
- Тесты по чтению на английском языке
- Словарный запас английского языка
ЕГЭ чтение тест №4
Задание В2Рекомендуемое время выполнения задания - 8 минут.
Установите соответствие заголовков A — G текстам 1—6. Занесите свои ответы в таблицу. Используйте каждую букву только один раз. В задании один заголовок лишний.
A. AN OFFICE AT HOME
B. COMPUTERS FOR MAKING FILMS
C. "NO" TO COMPUTER GAMES
D. COMPUTERS FOR BUILDING UP TEAM SPIRIT
E. SAVING ENERGY
F. SAVING SPACE
G. DRIVING IN THE FUTURE
1. Safe, comfortable and, above all, green. Electric-powered cars will not produce any substances which are dangerous for either people or the environment. In 10—20 years all cars will have their own built-in computers. These computers will help choose the best way to go and avoid accidents. You can even sit back and let the computer do the driving!
2. As you know personal computers use a lot of power. In fact, with their printers and monitors, computers in the USA use each year as much electricity as the whole state of Oregon. Not to waste electricity, new "green" computers are being developed by more than a hundred personal computer firms in the USA. When left on but unused for more than a few minutes, they go down to a standby, using 80 per cent less energy. At a command the PCs return to full power.
3. Nowadays, people working in offices use computers, which contain hundreds of documents. Do you know how much space these documents would take up, if they were printed on paper? They'd occupy whole rooms! In many offices computers are linked in a network. This way, employees can exchange information and messages without moving from their tables.
4. Technology has allowed more and more people to work from the place where they live. Using a modem on a telephone line connected to their computer, everyone can be linked to the company computer. In this way, they don't waste so much time, because they don't have to go to the office every day. It also means less pollution in the atmosphere caused by transport.
5. Good-bye, pencils! Farewell, sheets of paper! These days cartoons are being made with a computer. The first-ever cartoon to be created by computer was "Toy Story" produced by Steve Jobs. A typical Walt Disney cartoon usually needs up to 600 designers. "Toy Story" was made using only 100. So, like so much of modern life, today's cinema seems to be falling more and more into the hands of the computer.
6. If someone asked you about the negative aspects of a computer game, probably the first thing that would come to your mind is that it isolates a person from other people. Now the first virtual reality computer game has appeared which can be played in a group of 6 people at the same time. The game is called "The Loch Ness Expedition". Each player is given a role in the underwater expedition. Players have to cooperate to achieve the goal.